Monday, July 27, 2009

An Affair to Remember














After counting down the days for weeks, my family finally arrived from New York last week to throw me a baby shower that they put so much time, love, money and energy into that I’m still in disbelief. It was a wonderful day for Noah and one I will not soon forget...

Although I knew the date, much about the shower was very much a surprise. My family (and that includes Christina, Stefanie and Jenna, who might as well share a last name with me and my sister for how they have been there for both of us) sent me out of the house and treated me to my first pedicure and manicure in over a year so they could get everything ready and perfect. When I walked in I was beyond surprised. Never could I have envisioned the view I’d see. I really have never seen such BEAUTIFUL decorations in all my life. I’m only sad that it seems that no one captured it on film ☹ Fortunately, it's firm in my memory! Of course I will update this entry should any pictures surface, though I doubt any could do it justice...




Aside from being the most beautiful shower, it may have also been the first time in the history of baby showers that the mom-to-be got nearly everything she could ever want or need for the baby! I was encouraged to over-register for weeks in order to get the 10% completion discount at Babies R’ Us after Noah is born, but never did I expect that by the end of the week, that registry would be SO near completion that there would be little left for me to purchase! What a blessing during what has been such a challenging time for M and me!

Among the special moments at my shower was seeing Vanessa in the shirt that one of my best friends, Emily, made her. The front read "Big Sis" and the back read "Little Angel" with beautiful wings. Nessa was ecstatic to sport that shirt and share in opening all her baby brother's presents -- and there were many!

Another favorite moment was when I gave Vanessa the photo book I made her ("Before We Were Four"), which documents the last four years in pictures. I so wanted her to feel special that day and I think she did. I hope that it will remind her of all the happy memories we shared when it was just the three of us. You have no idea how eager I am to make her a sequel ("Now We Are Four") -- as any other A.A. Milne devotee will understand... :)

I am so grateful to everyone who made it possible and worked so hard to give me a day I would never forget. I cannot say enough how moved I was by how many people showed up for Noah and me. I certainly feel loved…. and blessed beyond belief. This was just another great reminder of how God provides! Noah is one lucky baby to have so many people who care about him and I am so blessed to have the friends and family I do! I know that my son will not want for anything – especially not love, of which there will never be a short supply! – and that is the greatest gift of all...

Nan<3

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the first picture! And Nessa looks adorable in the shirt -- GO EMILY! I wish I could have been there. I am so happy you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete