Monday, April 27, 2009

Half-way there!

We are now more than halfway through the pregnancy and my anticipation is growing twice as fast as my morning sickness is dying down (that unfortunately is not happening so fast at all!) Who knows, maybe it will end before Noah arrives! :)

This past week took us into the woods and brought me out of my comfort zone – briefly. We are now all moved into our new home, which could not be more beautiful or perfect – unless bugs (spiders and beetles and bees, Oh my!) were instantly eradicated from the face of the earth! (Our great thanks again to Mark and Julie for the wonderful opportunity to live here!) Moving while pregnant was a lot harder than I thought it would be but we were blessed to have two of the men from our Bible study help us (aka Michael) with the heavy lifting. I was content to empty boxes and organize the kitchen. I still have a lot more to tackle but I’m taking it in stride. J Noah barely moved on the last day of our move and I was a little worried but he has since been kicking up a storm and I am very relieved to be able to report that – however much my ribs are aching!

This weekend was exciting for two reasons: First, Vanessa FINALLY got to feel her baby brother kick!  After trying all day Friday and Saturday to show her exactly where to rest her hands and practically begging Noah, “Kick your sister!” assuring him I would never tell him to do so again, finally on Saturday night Vanessa got kicked! And she could not have been happier about it! She had spent most of the weekend talking to my belly and encouraging Noah to wake up. I was so glad he finally did and let her know he could hear her! Second, last night, after what was a very very stressful day for reasons I will not get into for fear of getting myself worked up again but that was through no fault of my wonderful husband or stepchild… I finally SAW Noah kick. Yes, the moment I was waiting for… where I could see the little kicks THROUGH my skin finally happened!  Of course, no one was there to witness it so I am hoping that Noah won’t make a liar out of me when I try to show his Daddy later tonight. :)

In just two more weeks we will get to see our little boy again! I can hardly wait...

3 more milestones and many more to come… We are now more than halfway there! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that you are moved in! And yeah, it's so cool the first time you see that little one actually kick and your skin comes out in the shape of their foot. Soon you'll get to see a little elbow and butt pushing out...it's so awesome to see how He continues to knit and grow them inside of you.

    Bless you as this week beings Nan!

    ReplyDelete