Friday, April 10, 2009

Total Peace

I've been having a lot of anxiety over finding out the gender of this child. I leave here in twenty minutes to go get the news. I've been certain all along that the baby is Ava Grace and not some unnamed male child. Well... last night I fell asleep praying to God for peace about it -- that I would be able to be happy no matter what they tell me today. I had a dream last night that the ultrasound confirmed it was a BOY. I did not wake up feeling very peaceful. I prayed some more and Michael and I talked and after praying and talking I have total peace about it being either or. We came up with a boy name so now I will know this baby by name TODAY no matter what it is. (I hope you will all love it as much as we do!) And I actually feel excited about the possibility that it's a little boy and not a girl! Though I will be happy with knowing that our baby (whoever he or she may be) is healthy and growing! I have faith that God has a plan for this child's life and I feel nothing but blessed to be discovering a part of that plan today.

I wanted to share that with you. I think we forget sometimes that God does answer our prayers (how ever trivial they may seem) when we seek Him and even though sometimes His answer to our specific request is "no," He is always willing to give us the comfort we need to accept it. Whether the answer to whether my instincts about gender have been right or wrong is yes or no, I have real peace and I pray for that for all of you...

By 1pm our baby will have a name!

Love, Nan<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying to know...what are you having??? Can't wait to find out love you all so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete