Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Updates on Life & Pregnancy

Easter weekend was very eventful –as was yesterday– in terms of my pregnancy and life in general! On Saturday, I had an extremely rough day. I was very dizzy and lightheaded and had very bad contractions and severe pains in my abdomen and back. My family was visiting so I just tried to take it easy while they went shopping with Michael and focused on the fact that my next OB appointment would be in a couple of days. – It was yesterday. My family’s visit was in no way ruined by all of this. They got to feel Noah’s kicks and we had a really great time catching up.

Noah’s heartbeat sounded great and the doctor laughed because as soon as she put the fetal Doppler on my belly, he “kicked her and ran away!” She discussed the ultrasound results with us and assured us that in her opinion everything would be OK. The ultrasound that confirmed Noah’s gender found a very small cyst (4mm) in the left ventricle in Noah’s brain. My ultrasound technician, the radiological doctor and my OB assured us that they see this all the time and that as long as there are no other abnormalities (which in Noah’s case there aren’t) it is nothing to worry about whatsoever. To give me some reassurance, my OB is sending me for another ultrasound (and another opportunity to see my baby) in four weeks. She said if it has not resolved itself by then, not to worry because sometimes they don’t resolve until after the baby is born but that it will have no effect on the baby whatsoever. Still, we’d appreciate prayer that this does resolve itself as soon as possible…

I finally gained a little bit of weight (finally broke 120!) but my OB talked to me about the need to try to start eating more. (I still have no appetite and the morning sickness still has not resolved but I have been force-feeing myself for Noah's sake.) She assured me that the baby is getting everything he needs but that I am probably not and that this could be one of the reasons I've been so sick. She informed me that I should have went to the ER on Saturday during that episode and warned me that next time that would be the prudent thing to do. Note taken.

After my prenatal checkup, my OB sent me for an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder. Fortunately, the results came back fine and there were no kidney stones which I was fearing. The ultrasound gave me another opportunity to see Noah who was upside down, with his head pressing on my bladder and not being at all shy about the fact he is a boy. LOL. As soon as the the ultrasound started, the technician started laughing and said "Yeah... he is DEFINITELY a boy. He is spread eagle right now." There was no doubt about it in my mind. It was good to laugh. He was moving around like crazy the whole time. Noah is a very active little baby!

The ultrasound technician assured me (even though I was not there about Noah) that she also sees these cysts all the time and that in her whole career she has never known a baby to have problems because of a solitary cyst. She said she knew of one woman – a friend – whose baby was born with it and it eventually just resolved itself with no side effects. Hearing this was a blessing and really put my mind at ease. She also said that the pain in my back could be because of all the injuries in my spine so that was comforting. (Better it be something I already have - and know I have - than something new!)

Aside from all of this, Michael and I also got some other exciting news: we are moving… THIS WEEKEND… into our new home. I am a little worried as I have my final trial for Advanced Trial Advocacy on Sunday night and can't imagine building a whole case (I get the fact pattern tonight) and being prepared in time while moving -- though it's pretty certain that I won't be doing very much in the way of moving, pregnant as I am! We and many people were praying for this to happen quickly, so more proof that God indeed works fast. Yesterday Michael and I made a trip out and dropped off some clothes and I put all the gifts my family bought Noah in his little closet. It is all beginning to feel more and more real. God is so faithful…

1 comment:

  1. nan, you have no idea how happy i am for you. you are so blessed and i believe that God will bless you and m more. ♥

    ReplyDelete