Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Final Stretch

We now have exactly 16 days until Noah's arrival... or less! Today, my OB confirmed that I am 1 cm dialated, which -- as she put it -- is not earth shattering, but it shows that things are starting to progress! She said it was unlikely that Noah would come today or tomorrow but that he could really come any day now. I am still holding out hope that "any day" will be a Thursday, but we shall see what God has in store. Today marked the day that Noah became full-term so at least we have no more worries about "going early!"

Today's OB visit was mildly uneventful aside from learning this news. I did finally sit down and chart out a birth plan so that no matter who is on call when the time comes, that person will know all the details. Comforting... Next on the agenda: Packing the hospital bag! This morning I did a large load of Noah's laundry. I just sat there going through all those tiny tiny clothes and imagined what it would be like when he arrives. My head is spinning!

Other than that, these last couple of weeks have been trying to say the least. My feet have been so swollen that I can barely get my shoes on (some days not at all). My flip-flops won't even fit. Dr. C calls this "pregnancy Shrek feet" and for those who have seen the movie, I can say, it is a very accurate description. It's awful -- but it will be over soon, right? Dr. C just had a baby herself (8 weeks ago) and told me that after her Cesarean her foot swelling actually got worse for a couple of weeks but then cleared up. I'm hoping that won't be the case with me! We shall see.

The countdown continues...

2 comments:

  1. WOW! It is getting close... Where does the time go? Prayers for you and the baby! ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for 1cm!! In the final stretch!!!

    ReplyDelete