Monday, August 24, 2009

A surprise ending?

I am writing this on my iPhone from Labor & Delivery at Fairfax Hospital. It looks like date night will have to wait. It appears that I'm in labor. I am contracting every two minutes. At 5pm I started having bad pains and realized that in all my rushing around today and fussing with laundry I hadn't felt Noah move. So I ate some teddy grahams and drank some juice and laid down. Since that time I have been having bad contractions. Noah started moving shortly after so I did not go to the hospital. But once they got worse I had no choice. So here I am. Waiting. Feeling really nervous. I thought I had more time but I guess nothing prepares you for this, huh? After two botched IVs and contractions that have made me see stars I am accepting that it's now or never. We are still waiting on the platelet count so they can decide whether to transfuse me. Because I ate the Teddy grahams I have to wait until 1:00am for the cesarean. So it looks like Noah will be born on august 25th unless things start moving faster. My water still hasn't broken for whatever that is worth. Dr. C will be delivering Noah. For now we wait...

My family just called to tell me they going to be on their way from New York in a few hours. I still can't believe this is happening or that I'm just hours away from meeting my baby. I'm so nervous. Please keep us in prayer. Will update this entry if more news.

Nan<3

1 comment: