Friday, August 14, 2009

Update from Hematology Appointment

So, yesterday I went to the hematologist where I had my platelet count done by hand. Fortunately, that count was in the low 80's, as we hoped and expected it would be. The doctor discussed different options with me and told me that she likes Dr. Silas' plan to give me a transfusion before the Cesarean and so she will not put me on steroids this late in the game. I thank God for that! I will have to come back in if the count goes back down into the 60's, but I'm hoping that, that won't happen. I will also have to go back in for more testing a month after I give birth to make sure that this was caused by the pregnancy and that it's not something that is going to be problematic in the future...

In the meantime, I have been getting a lot of quality time with my good friends, which has certainly helped me through what has been a trying time. Cardmaking with Kate, scrapbooking with Sherry, cookie baking with Carin (just to name a few examples from the last week!) -- it's all been a huge blessing to me and reminded me of just how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many caring people!

I am also blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Michael and I had a wonderful 3rd wedding anniversary on the 11th when he took me to my first drive-in movie, where I (in true pregnant fashion) fell asleep before the movie ended! I have a feeling it will not be the last time that happens as we approach parenthood!

We now have 20 days until my Cesarean! Less than 3 weeks! Time has flown so fast. And what a ride it has been...

No comments:

Post a Comment